As of 15 April 2013 to 31 May (inclusive), we are in:
RESTRICTED BURNING PERIOD.
During RESTRICTED BURNING PERIOD, a permit is required to burn garden refuse before 6pm, and is subject to the conditions as set out on the permit. Garden refuse may be burnt without a permit after 6pm, subject to:
- the pile of refuse being burnt does not exceed 1 square metre
- a 5 metre wide area clear of flammable material surrounds the pile
- the fire is only lit between 6pm and 11pm
- only one pile is alight at one time
- the fire is completely extinguished by midnight
- at least one person is in attendance at all times
- there is a means of extinguishing the fire available at all times (eg garden hose,
knapsack spray or fire unit)
- neighbours are informed of your intention to burn
- the smoke does not cause a nuisance to neighbours
- the smoke does not create a traffic hazard
- household or commercial waste or any noxious materials are not burnt
Note: Do not burn damp, wet or green material at any time as this will cause excessive smoke.
For more information regarding burning and fire restriction policies please refer to:
Shire of Mundaring 2012/2013 Fire and Burning Information Booklet
Due to unseasonal weather conditions the Burning Period Dates (right) may be extended or shortened. If unsure, please contact the FIREWEATHER HOTLINE on 9290 6644.