Food Premises Assessments
Food premise assessments are a core duty of Environmental Health Officers and are used in order to ensure and maintain compliance with the Food Standards Code Australia and New Zealand, the Food Act 2008 and the Food Regulations 2009. This is done in order to prevent food poisoning outbreaks and generally maintain the wellbeing of the public.
Food Sampling Programs
The Councils Environmental Health Officers undertake routine food sampling of the chemical and bacterial quality of food products for sale within the Shire of Mundaring in order to monitor compliance with the Food Standards Code Australia and New Zealand.
In addition to routine food sampling, the Councils Health Service is also an active member of the Western Australian Food Monitoring Group, undertaking scheduled sampling of a wide variety of food products to ensure state wide compliance with the Food Standards Code Australia and New Zealand.
I’m ALERT Food Handler Training
It is a requirement of the Shire of Mundaring that all individuals who serve food are able to provide evidence of food handler training. This is to ensure the quality and safety and the food products produced, and in turn ensuring the safety of the community. The Shire of Mundaring offers basic food handler training free of charge at I'm Alert.
Food Business Paperwork
There are several forms that are relevant to food business owners, these forms should be submitted to the Shire of Mundaring as soon as practicably possible.
§ Application for Approval to Construct or Establish a Food Premise
- Should you be wishing to establish a new food business it is recommended that you contact the Shire of Mundaring Planning and Health Services prior to making this application.
- Health approval will not be granted unless planning approval is granted.
- Should you be wishing to make structural changes to the kitchen or building then this form should be completed.
§ Application/Renewal of Registration for a Food Premise
- A food business is not allowed to trade unless they have a current Registration for a Food Business.
- This is renewed on an annual basis (financial year).
§ Notification of Change of Ownership
- This form should be completed when a food business is sold to inform the Shire of the change of ownership.
§ Application for an Outdoor Eating Facility Permit
- This is subject to planning approval.
- Must be renewed on an annual (financial year) basis.
§ Application for a Stallholder Permit
- Should you wish to have a stall at an event held within the Shire of Mundaring then you must have a current stallholder permit. Please see “Public Events” for more information.
If you require further information, please contact Environmental Health Services by calling 9290 6666.