To be eligible for a Shire grant groups must meet at least one of the following classifications:
- incorporated not-for-profit organisation based within Shire of Mundaring
- Parents and Citizens Association based within Shire of Mundaring
- un-incorporated community group under the auspices of an incorporated organisation.
Groups are not eligible for grants if they have:
- a current three-year service agreement with the Shire
- already undertaken the activity/project/event (funding will not be paid retrospectively)
- not acquitted a previous Shire of Mundaring Grant
- already received the same grant in the previous 12 month period (Volunteer Recognition Events and Youth Grants).