A number of community groups have received a financial boost from Shire of Mundaring's Community Event and Matching Fund Grants program.
Over $21,000 was awarded to 11 community groups who applied for a grant to assist in funding a project or run an event.
Shire of Mundaring President, John Daw, congratulated the recipients, stating he was looking forward to seeing new events delivered in the community.
"Congratulations to the community groups who received a grant. From funding for equipment, insurance and shade sails, to events we were pleased to receive a wide range of applications," he said.
"I am excited to see new community events going ahead which will help connect our community, encourage participation in a range of activities and promote our wonderful Hills lifestyle."
Of the successful applicants, WestCycle Inc and Mt Helena Resident and Ratepayers Association both received a Community Event Grant worth $5000.
"WestCycle Inc has been granted the money to run the inaugural Heritage Gravel Grind," Cr Daw said. "This is a cycle event from Swan View to Mt Helena, along the Railway Reserve Heritage Trail.
"The Mt Helena Resident and Ratepayers Association will put their grant towards the Whim Festival on 31 October.
"We look forward to receiving applications for the next round of Community Event and Matching Grants which are open from 21 May to 21 June."
2020/21 Round Two Matching and Event Grant Recipients
- WestCycle Inc to run the inaugural Heritage Gravel Grind, a cycle event from Swan View to Mt Helena along the Railway Reserve Heritage Trail – $5000
- Mt Helena Resident and Ratepayers Association for the Mt Helena Whim Festival - $5000
- Parkerville Primary School Parents & Citizen's Association for the Parkerville Twilight Fete - $2040
- Chidlow Progress Association for assistance with the payment of insurance for the Chidlow Monthly Markets - $1331
- Probus Club Mundaring to replace and update audio visual equipment - $830
- Glen Forrest Sports Club to install shade structures on the bowling green - $2000
- Mundaring Community Men's Shed to purchase a laptop and A3 printer - $2000
- Mundaring Junior Football Club for a commercial drinks fridge - $1000
- Chidlow Progress Association for the purchase of kitchen benches and accounting software - $581
- Horsepower Hills to purchase new riding helmets and deliver first aid training for volunteers - $1115
- Mundaring Netball Club for new game balls and equipment - $955.