WALGA will host a free webinar for people interested in vying for a role as an elected member at the next local government elections in October 2019.
The webinar will be held on Thursday, 15 August between 5pm and 6pm.
Topics covered will include an overview of the following:
- Parliament's role in creating legislation for Local Government;
- How to read the Local Government Act 1995 and Regulations;
- Who does what at a Local Government;
- A Councillor's personal responsibilities; and
- Consequences of improper conduct.
There will be opportunity to ask questions during a Q&A session at the end of the webinar.
Limited places are available. To register, click here or visit the WALGA website.
Election information is available via 13 63 06 and www.elections.wa.gov.au