Western Australia will enter Phase 4 of eased restrictions from Saturday 27 June 2020, in line with the State Government's WA Roadmap.
Phase 4 will see the following changes to COVID-19 restrictions in WA:
- All existing gathering limits and the 100/300 rule removed
- Gathering limits only determined by WA's reduced 2sqm rule
- The 2sqm rule will only include staff at venues that hold more than 500 patrons
- Removal of seated service requirements at food businesses and licensed premises
- No requirement to maintain patron register at food businesses and licensed premises
- Alcohol can be served as part unseated service arrangements
- All events permitted except for large-scale, multi-stage music festivals
- Unseated performances permitted at venues such as concert halls, live music venues, bars, pubs and nightclubs
- Gyms operating unstaffed, but regular cleaning must be maintained
- The casino gaming floor reopening under agreed temporary restrictions.
Key information for the Shire of Mundaring includes:
- Midvale Early Childhood and Parenting Centre to reopen
The centre will reopen from Tuesday 21 July 2020.
- Increased capacity at Mundaring Arena
The removal of all gathering limits, except for the 2sqm rule, will see patron capacity increased at Shire of Mundaring's largescale and outdoor sporting venues. This includes Mundaring Arena, which will have an increased capacity of 600 persons in both of its sports halls and a combined total capacity of 1200.
- No requirement to maintain patron register*
Local traders including food businesses and licensed premises, as well as Shire facilities, will longer be required to record customers' contact details.
*However, these businesses must keep previous records of customer details for a minimum of 28 days after the State of Emergency has been lifted in WA, which is yet to be determined by the State Government.
- Events can be held in the shire
The eased restrictions mean the Shire is able to accept bookings for events at its community venues. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9290 6731.
- Shire facilities are up and running
Nearly all Shire facilities are operating during their usual business hours, including the Administration Building, Mundaring Visitor Centre, libraries and Grab n Go facilities.
We must stay vigilant:
Even as restrictions ease, it is important to stay vigilant. In line with State Government requirements, Shire of Mundaring will continue a thorough cleaning regimen in all facilities; to observe venue capacity limits as determined by the 2sqm rule; to ask staff and visitors to practice physical distancing and good hygiene and stay home if they are feeling unwell.
As always, we'd like to thank our local community, businesses and industry for their continued cooperation throughout this time. Together, we can keep our community safe.
- State Government
For more information about the State Government's response to COVID-19, including Phase 4 of easing of restrictions and the WA Roadmap, visit www.wa.gov.au
- Shire of Mundaring
For further details about the local response to COVID-19 and the ways the Shire can assist you, visit the 'COVID-19' tab on our website, call 9290 6666 or email email@example.com