When do I need planning approval?

Development includes buildings, earthworks and land uses, whether rural, residential or commercial. Most development will require planning approval either from the local government or the WA Planning Commission (minor outbuildings and residential additions may be exempt).

Planning applications are assessed against the Shire's Local Planning Scheme No. 4 and may require consultation with the community and relevant State Government agencies.

We encourage you to contact the Shire's Planning Service to check your zoning and whether your proposal would require planning approval. 

Planning Officers can be contacted via email, phone or in person at the Shire Administration Building. No appointment is necessary for most enquiries, however it is best to call ahead if you wish to arrange a pre-lodgement meeting with detailed plans.

Most applications for planning approval can be dealt with at Officer level within 60 days, however, certain applications may need public advertising, agency referrals or the approval of Council, which may lengthen the processing time.

​Planning Service
9290 6740

The Place for Sustainable Living. Sitemap  |   Copyright Shire of Mundaring 2018