Motorbikes and Quad Bikes

Motorbike or quad bikes on private property may cause a disturbance to the people living on the surrounding properties. Equipment such as motorbikes/quad bikes can be considered to be "Specified Equipment" under the Regulations if it is considered to be reasonable. The lot size defines when access to the specified equipment provisions will be applied

The use of motorbikes on private property may not always be appropriate. The following table outlines the property sizes that the Shire believes may be appropriate for the use of such equipment with certain conditions.

Property Size


<5 acres

Not able to access the specified equipment provisions, instead compliance with the table of assigned levels must be achieved. It is doubtful that the noise will be compliant therefore it is encouraged that riding on lots these size do not take place.

5-20 acres

Able to access the specified equipment provisions. Conditions of use will apply.

20 + acres

Generally use is allowed unrestricted if there is no breach to the assigned levels set out in Regulation 7. If there is a breach of Regulation 7 then use will be observed as Specified Equipment and is subject to conditions of usage.


Special Requirements for Specified Equipment:

  • Use is only permitted between 7am and 7pm Monday- Saturday and 9am-7pm Sundays and Public Holidays.
  • May not be used for more than 2 hours in any one day.

More Information
Use of Motorbikes and Quad Bikes on Private Property

Making a Noise Complaint

It is recommended that you read the relevant information we have available on the noise in question. The Shire of Mundaring will require you to complete a Noise Complaint Form and record the necessary details. Information such as the nature of the complaint, duration and exact location of the noise source is required. The Shire will then investigate the matter further and determine whether the noise complies with the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997 (the Regulations).

More information

Making a Noise Complaint

The Place for Sustainable Living. Sitemap  |   Copyright Shire of Mundaring 2018