Vehicles, Traffic and Aircraft

In most cases, noise produced from aircraft, trains and road traffic is not subject to the Regulations. Despite situations such as loud motorbike exhausts, V8 engines or use of air brakes being noisy there is little the Shire can do unless it is taking place on residentially zoned land. Problems from individual noisy vehicles on public roads which have been modified or not properly maintained may be reported to the Police.

All aircraft noise enquiries and complaints should be directed to:

  • The Aircraft Noise Enquiry Line (Airservices Australia) on 1300 302 240 for all local, domestic and international flights (including helicopters)

Noise relating to traffic along major roads should be directed to:

  • Main Roads Western Australia on 138 138

For noise produced from construction vehicles see: Building and Construction Sites

Making a Noise Complaint

It is recommended that you read the relevant information we have available on the noise in question. The Shire of Mundaring will require you to complete a Noise Complaint Form and record the necessary details. Information such as the nature of the complaint, duration and exact location of the noise source is required. The Shire will then investigate the matter further and determine whether the noise complies with the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997 (the Regulations).

More information

Making a Noise Complaint

The Place for Sustainable Living. Sitemap  |   Copyright Shire of Mundaring 2018