The use of any off-road vehicle in any
public area within the Shire is unauthorised.
In accordance with the provisions of the
Control of Off Road Vehicles Act, the following statutes are enforced by
Shire of Mundaring, Western Australia Police, Water Corporation
and Department of Parks and Wildlife.
Driving and Using
A person shall not
drive or use an off-road vehicles in any area to which this section applies
- on private land by consent
- on land comprised within a permitted area, unless permitted to do so or deemed to have been permitted to do so.
A Vehicle may
If a vehicle is used in the commission of an offence
in relation to the Act or where the vehicle is so constructed or in a condition
of where it is used or likely to occasion danger to any person or
Penalty: The vehicle may be detained for a period not
exceeding 12 months with costs being recovered
It is an offence to:
- display incorrect or false Registration Plates
- obscure or deface Registration Plates
- not display Registration Plates
- create excessive noise
- not wear an approved helmet
- fail to provide name and address
- provide a false or incorrect name and address.
Penalty: Up to $500 for each offence