To help encourage more Western Australians to collect and return their beverage containers, Containers for Change (CfC) will provide a 10-cent refund for each eligible beverage container that is returned.
The scheme aims to:
- Increase recovery and recycling
- Reduce litter and landfill
- Provide opportunities for social enterprise and benefits for community organisations
- Create opportunities for employment
- Complement existing collection and recycling activities for recyclable waste
Containers for Change also provides an exciting fundraising opportunity for schools, local sports clubs, community groups, charities and worthwhile causes. The scheme will also create hundreds of jobs across Western Australia.