How can I Assist?

Donations and Volunteering

Where can I donate or volunteer to help?

It can be difficult for State and Local Governments to manage both the influx of donations and the induction of new volunteers during / after a major incident.  Offers of assistance are truly appreciated, the best way to help is to support one of the great organisations who are already assisting the affected community.

Bendigo Bank WA Summer Bushfire Appeal

The appeal will help to raise funds to support community recovery in the areas impacted by the fires. To donate visit the Mundaring Community Bank Branch or the Bendigo Bank website.

If you are affected by the bushfire and need assistance please visit the Bushfire Appeal package.


BlazeAid – Rebuilding fences for farmers

BlazeAid is organisation which helps communities rebuild after natural disasters.  If you are interested in volunteering, donating or are a farmer who wants assistance rebuilding your fence, please see the contact details below;

  • Farmers, please call Judy on 0427 614 546, or email
  • Potential volunteers, please call Jo on 0417 614 446
  • To donate (new) fencing materials please buy through Elders Midland (who will deliver to site) or drop materials at the State Equestrian Centre.


Disaster Relief Australia

DRA are actively seeking motivated volunteers to become part of a nationwide tribe of committed members.  For more information visit the Disaster Relief Australia website

Operation Woods was undertaken in the Perth Hills between 27 February and 24 April.  190 volunteers donated 11,064 hours of their time to complete 103 work orders.


Lord Mayor's Distress Relief Fund

The fund for the Wooroloo and Hills Bushfire 2021 is now closed (1pm, 13 April 2021), with $16,435,271 raised.

For more information visit the Lord Mayor's Distress Relief Fund website 

Natural Disaster Relief Donations

DFES has a list of organisations who support communities and individuals impacted by natural disasters, along with emergency services volunteers. Visit the Natural Disaster Relief Donations website for more information.  .

Rotary Bushfire Relief (WA)

Collecting funds to provide disaster relief in response to WA bushfires. To donate visit RAWC's website

Additional information is available on the City of Swan's website.

Subscribe to the Wooroloo Bushfire email list for regular updates. 

The Place for Sustainable Living. Sitemap  |   Copyright Shire of Mundaring 2018