|Water Corporation - account adjustments |
Residents impacted by the Wooroloo Fire may be eligible for financial support and assistance from Water Corporation.
Customers who have lost their property will have their account adjusted.
• All existing charges will be waived;
• All new service charges will be waived until February 2022;
• No cost for the replacement of your fire-damaged water meter;
• Building application fees and water service disconnection or reconnection fees will be waived;
• Customers in the red zone area; and
• If your property was in the red zone area during the fire, you will automatically receive a 20kL allowance on your water use. You don't have to do anything as Water Corporation has applied these measures automatically.
Support for customers with property fire damage
If you have experienced property damage as a result of the bushfire, an allowance of up to 50kL on your water use will be granted (pending individual circumstances). You will not incur any costs for replacing a fire-damaged water meter.
Flexible payment options and payment assistance, such as putting your account on hold through Water Corporation's Time Assist program, is also available.
Allowance for customers who defended their property
If you defended your property during the bushfire, you’re eligible to receive an allowance of up to 50kL for water used to defend your property, pending individual circumstances.
Assistance with property repairs
Any fire-damaged water meters will be repaired at no cost to you.
You’re also eligible to receive up to 20kL allowance on your water use (pending individual circumstances), to help with the recovery and clean up.
Allowance for businesses providing temporary housing for evacuees
If your business provided free accommodation for bushfire evacuees, you’re entitled to receive up to 20kL allowance on your water use.
For businesses who assisted with the temporary arrangements for the adjustment of livestock and horses or who’s water use is negatively impacted in some other way due to the fire should contact 13 13 85, and Water Corporation will consider assistance on a case-by-case basis.
Additional requests for financial support
Any requests for higher allowance will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If at any time you’re having trouble paying your bills, Water Corporation have various flexible payment arrangements to help make your payments easier.
How to apply
To apply for a water use allowance, please call Water Corporation on 13 13 85.