Financial Assistance

Lord Mayor's Distress Relief Fund

Update 11 June 

The Lord Mayor announced further payments of up to $55,000 for owners, owner/occupiers and occupiers who experienced structural damage and loss of contents as a result of the Wooroloo Bushfire on 3 June. 

The announcement means that nearly 80 per cent of the funds will now be distributed to those impacted. 

Those residents that have already submitted an application to the Lord Mayor's Fund will be considered and need not reapply.

Residents whose homes and/or other structures have been impacted by the bushfire can submit an application for funding assistance from the Lord Mayor's Disaster Relief Fund through their relevant Council, Shire of Mundaring or City of Swan.

As at 29 April 2021 over 200 payments have been made to Mundaring and Swan residents who were affected by the bushfire through loss of and damage to their place of residence, including (but not limited) to the personal contents at the property along with damage to / loss of fencing and water tanks.

The Lord Mayor's Distress Fund is administered by the City of Perth. Disbursements will continue and more information can be found on the LMDRF website 

State and Department of Premier and Cabinet Bushfire Relief Payments

These payments were provided due to the nature of the emergency, acknowledging that additional assistance was required by affected residents in order to:

  • have access to shelter;
  • maintain family cohesion;
  • have a bridge to longer term public or private housing; and
  • meet the additional costs involved in temporary accommodation.

Department of Transport WA

To assist the community to recover, Department of Transport WA waived fees for those who have been directly impacted by the bushfires for the following:

  • Replacement vehicle number plates (ordinary state or district plates);
  • Certified copies of licences for vehicles destroyed in the bushfires;
  • Replacement driver's licence card;
  • Replacement WA Photo Card;
  • Replacement Learner Log Book;
  • Recreational Skipper's Tickets; and
  • Boat registration papers.

For information on how to arrange the free replacement for any of the above, please contact 13 11 56 or visit your nearest Department of Transport centre. 


Water Corporation

Residents impacted by the Wooroloo Fire may be eligible for financial support and assistance from Water Corporation in a number of ways – visit the Water Corporation's website for more information: 


Hotline for Welfare Support 

Please call the Disaster Response Hotline on 1800 032 965.


NAB - WA Bushfire Disaster Relief Package

NAB bank has announced they can provide the following financial relief to customers affected by the Wooroloo Bushfire:

  • Suspending home and personal loan repayments and waiving application fees and charges;
  • Waiving fees and charges for withdrawing term deposits early;
  • Supporting business banking customers to restructure existing bank facilities;
  • Providing credit card relief; and
  • Providing access to complimentary, professional and confidential counselling.

Customers who need help with their finances can visit their nearest open NAB branch, contact their banker directly or call NAB Assist on 1800 701 599 (8am-8pm Mon-Fri, or 9am-1pm on Saturdays AEST/AEDT) or visit


Bendigo Bank WA Summer Bushfire Appeal

The appeal will help to raise funds to support community recovery in the areas impacted by the fires. To donate visit the Mundaring Community Bank Branch or visit the Bendigo Bank website.

If you are affected by the bushfire and need assistance please visit


Phone, online or face to face appointments can be made. Emergency relief is available to assist with food, bill payments, accommodation etc. More information can be found on the MIDLAS website. 


Rural West - Small Business and Rural Financial Counselling 

This service is an extension of what is already available to regional small businesses and primary production enterprises.   The experienced Rural West team will work with clients to manage both immediate and underlying issues for a positive and sustainable future.  For assistance, please call 1800 612 004, visit, or email


DFES Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements WA

Under WA emergency management arrangements, the Department of Communities is responsible for coordinating the provision of welfare support services to people affected by an emergency or disaster. This includes emergency accommodation, catering, clothing and personal items, support services, financial assistance etc. More information can be found on the DFES website. 


Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP)

This support is for eligible people adversely affected by the Wooroloo bushfire. People have until 2 August 2021 to claim and must live in with Shire of Mundaring or City of Swan. It is a lump sum payment to help people if a declared disaster significantly affects them (NOT for minor damage or inconvenience). If eligible, people will receive $1000 per adult and $400 per child. More information can be found on the Services Australia website and the best way to make a claim is to call 1800 22 66 between 8am and 5pm. 


Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA)

This is a short term payment to assist where a declared disaster directly affects a person's income. It is received for a maximum of 13 weeks and is paid from the date income is lost as a direct result of the Wooroloo bushfire. The payment is taxable. Eligibility criteria apply. The maximum rate is the equivalent of JobSeeker payment or Youth Allowance, based on individual circumstances. Income before and after the fires will affect how much is received. More information can be found on the Services Australia website and the best way to make a claim is to call 1800 22 66 between 8am and 5pm. 

Communicare Creating Futures – Emergency Assistance Program (Emergency Relief)

Providing food assistance in emergency situations when individuals and families are experiencing financial hardship.  More information can be found on the Communicare website.

Western Power

The State Government has authorised extra power outage payments for those affected by the Wooroloo bushfire.  The payment has been doubled, with those who lost power for more than 12 hours able to apply.  More information can be found on the Western Power website. 

CWA (Country Women's Association) – Assistance Disaster Relief

The CWA Fund is offering quick grants of up to $500 for individuals/families who have had losses as a result of the bushfires.  More information can be found at Country Women's Association.


Ask Izzy

Visit Ask Izzy to connect with housing, food, financial assistance, health services and more.


WA Connect

Visit WA Connect for an online directory of services that can be used for emergency purposes such as emergency accommodation, rent assistance, food vouchers etc.

DSS Grants Service Directory

A list of Emergency Relief organisation can be found on the Service Providers Directory.

The Place for Sustainable Living. Sitemap  |   Copyright Shire of Mundaring 2018