The Inclusion and Disability Access Advisory Group is a volunteer Committee of Council and members are engaged by the Shire in the capacity of volunteers. Members of the public are welcome to attend these meetings as a guest.
The purpose of the Group is to:
- Advocate for people who are experiencing access and inclusion barriers including people who have mental health issues or psychosocial disability.
- To engage, promote and celebrate the achievements of people with disability and the abilities they have to offer including people who have mental health issues or psychosocial disability.
- Commit to build a truly inclusive community that celebrates diversity and recognises the importance of including everyone.
- Through Shire employees provide comment and advice to Council to remove access and inclusion barriers and raise issues for people with disability and their families, friends and carers.
- To provide a means of communication between people with disability, families, friends, carers community members, Disability Services Commission and National Disability Insurance Scheme.
- Be proactive in monitoring strategies/implementations of the Shire of Mundaring's Access and Inclusion Plan.
- Assist Council in reviewing the Shire Access and Inclusion Plan.
- To examine the implications of current policies and procedures relating to disability access and inclusion issues and when appropriate, report on and or make recommendations to Council.
Membership consists of up to 13 people (including one elected member) and persons whose backgrounds generally reflect the following:
- Four persons who have a disability and reside within the Shire of Mundaring or who utilise the Shire of Mundaring as their local community.
- Four persons who are carers, friends or family of a person with a disability or who have demonstrated advocacy in access and inclusion issues for people disability and reside within the Shire of Mundaring or utilise the Shire of Mundaring as their local community.
- Four persons who represent a community service organisation that operates within the Shire of Mundaring and provides support for people with disability.
- One person representing a person or people who have mental health issues or psychosocial disability.
Dates for IDAAG meetings in 2019:
Monday 2 December
Monday 2 September
Monday 10 June
Monday 11 March
Previous IDAAG Records of Proceedings:
September 2019 | June 2019 | March 2019