The Cultural Advisory Group is a volunteer group of Council and members are engaged by the Shire in the capacity of volunteers.
The purpose of the group is to:
- create an environment which supports and promotes excellence by all cultural organisations;
- foster the awareness of and involvement by residents in community cultural projects;
- through various cultural mediums highlight what is unique about the Shire of Mundaring as a place to live, work and visit;
- promote, inform and celebrate the achievement of local organisations, artists and cultural providers to build on the rich natural heritage and artistic traditions of the region thus attracting cultural tourism and building community;
- identify potential funding partnerships and opportunities and attract funding to support cultural initiatives;
- through Shire employees, provide advice to Council on activities and projects which build on the Shire’s arts, cultural and heritage strengths;
- through Shire employees, provide advice to Council on strategies, initiatives and projects to achieve objectives specified in Priority 2 (Community) of the Strategic Community Plan - Mundaring 2026;
- through Shire employees, provide advise to Council on evaluation of objectives specified in Priority 2 (Community) of the Strategic Community Plan - Mundaring 2026.
Membership consists of up to 12 people (including one elected member) from professional art organisation, professional visual and community artists, local history, literary and performing arts, business, people with disability, young person under 25 years, and indigenous community representative.