The New Child Care Package was introduced on 2 July 2018, read on for details.
Child Care Subsidy (CCS)
Child Care Subsidy is now the main payment to assist families with the costs of child care. It is paid directly to Eastern Region Family Day Care to be passed on to families, through the educator as a fee reduction.
Families make a co-contribution to their child care fees and pay the educator the difference between the fee charged and the subsidy amount.
Apply for CCS and enrolment through MyGov or Centrelink as soon as possible
It is a requirement under Family Assistance Law for all children who attend child care (or have an arrangement for care) to have an enrolment notice regardless of their Child Care Subsidy eligibility status. For those eligible individuals and children, entitlement determinations will not occur without the correct enrolment in place. An enrolment links:
- the child
- the family (the individual)
- the child care service.
The ERFDC service must submit an 'enrolment notice' in the Child Care Subsidy System (CCSS) to indicate when we have entered into an arrangement with an individual and a child is enrolled, we are also required to report attendance for that child.
There are four steps to enrol a child in the CCSS and no subsidy can be paid until all four steps have been completed:
- The enrolling parent makes a claim for Child Care Subsidy with Centrelink. This can be done up to a year before your child commences care.
- A Child Enrolment form is completed with your child's educator, showing the agreed arrangement for care and submitted to the office.
- The service submits an enrolment notice to CCSS. In order to claim CCS, the Centrelink, Customer Reference Numbers (CRNs) for the enrolling parent and the child are required.
- The enrolling parent confirms the enrolment with Eastern Region FDC, through your MyGov account or by contacting Centrelink on 136 150.
**Non immunised children are not eligible for CCS payments, refer to Eastern Region Family Day Care Child Enrolment form.
There are four different payments under Additional Child Care Subsidy:
(This 1st payment can be accessed and applied for by Eastern Region Family Day Care)
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing) - to help children who are at risk of serious abuse or neglect
If you feel that you may be eligible for any of the following 3 payment types, you will need to contact Centrelink to be assessed.
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (grandparent) - to help grandparents on income support who are the principal caregiver of their grandchildren
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (temporary financial hardship) - to help families experiencing financial hardship
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (transition to work) - to help low-income families transitioning from income support to work.
Queries regarding Child Care Subsidy can be directed to Centrelink Monday - Friday between 8am - 8pm on 136 150.