The Shire of Mundaring's Youth Advisory Group is for young people aged 12-18 years who have an interest in being a voice for young people in the community. The Group, known as The Youth C.R.E.W. (TYC) currently meet once a fortnight at the Shire administration building.
Purpose of the Youth Advisory Group
The purpose of the Group is to:
- Represent the opinions and aspirations of young people at a local government level and advocate on their behalf.
- Provide a means of communication and collaboration between young people and their families, community organisations focused on or wanting to engage with young people, the Shire and Council.
- Work with the community to encourage and create youth participation and engagement opportunities.
- Through Shire employees provide advice and recommendations to Council on issues affecting young people in the Shire of Mundaring.
- Raise awareness and share information about the Shire of Mundaring's Youth Engagement Partnerships Fund and the activities it supports.
- Assess applications to the Shire of Mundaring's Youth Engagement Partnerships Fund and through Shire employees, make recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer or Council.
Membership on the Youth Advisory Group
- Membership is open to young people aged 12-18 years old who live in the Shire of Mundaring, attend an educational institution in the Shire of Mundaring, work in the Shire of Mundaring or participate in a Mundaring based organisation.
- Membership is by the initial attendance of one Group meeting and then the completion of a volunteer agreement form made available by the Shire of Mundaring.
- Membership is ongoing with an annual review in February. The annual review will occur at the same time for all members regardless of the date of acquiring membership.
- The Group will be restricted to up to 15 members who are required to uphold the purpose of the group and provide impartial advice.
- Members may seek a leave of absence for periods extending beyond two meetings.
View the full Terms of Reference