Shire of Mundaring is committed to assisting volunteers and their organisations towards achieving their aims by providing them with information and resources. Below are a number of links to search for Volunteer vacancies, assistance and resources.
Swan Volunteer Resource Centre
Department of Communities
Mundaring Community Financial Services
Engage Mundaring Volunteering Network
Shire of Mundaring Volunteer Bulletin provides information to volunteer groups on a variety of relevant topics including but not limited to training and workshops, grants, volunteer vacancies and events.
Volunteer Training and Workshops
Shire of Mundaring supports volunteers through provision of training and skills development workshops. Further information about 2020 training workshops will be updated here as it becomes available.
Current titles for loan include:
- The Complete Community Fundraising Handbook – How to make the most money ever for your community organisation
- Winning Grants Funding in Australia – The Step by Step Guide
- How to Manage your Grant after Winning it!
- Effective Letters: 50 of the Best – Model letters to help community organisations fundraise, connect, lobby, organise and influence
- Making Meetings Work – Conquering the challenges and getting great results
- Simple Secrets of Successful Community Groups Vol 1 – Over 400 tips
- Simple Secrets of Successful Community Groups Vol 2 – Another 400 tips
- How to Stand Out from the Crowd: The complete marketing and media handbook
To borrow these resources, please contact the Community Capacity Building Officer on 9290 6678 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange collection.
The Shire recognises the unique contribution made by volunteers, sporting and other community organisations. As a volunteer, sporting or other non-profit community organisation within the Shire of Mundaring, you are invited to apply to for a Shire grant to support an event that recognises your group's importance to the local community. Funding is available for two types of events.
Recognition Events - Unavailable in 2020/2021
The Shire can contribute $300 to volunteer, sporting or other not-for-profit organisations, to assist in holding an event that recognises the contribution they and their members have made to the local community. Ten organisations will receive financial support each year.
Milestone Events - Unavailable in 2020/2021
If your organisation has reached a major milestone in its history or development, you may be eligible for Milestone Event funding. The Shire allocates $2500 annually towards an event that recognises the efforts of an organisation's members. Funding is only available for one organisation per year.
For more information visit the Shire's Grants page.