Recently, Shire of Mundaring made a deputation to Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) in support of a Council recommendation to request an amendment to the MRS zone of Lot 48 Stoneville Road, Stoneville.
The request asked that the zone be changed from 'Rural and Urban' to 'Rural' only.
The outcome of the WAPC meeting was communicated to the Shire this week as follows:
"At its meeting of 30 June 2021, the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) considered the above proposal to amend the Metropolitan Region Scheme (MRS) in Stoneville from the Urban zone to the Rural zone and resolved to:
1. Defer a determination on the proposed MRS amendment request, pending:
- Finalisation of the reform initiatives resulting from the State Government's Bushfire Framework Review 2019, as this may have an impact on the proposed amendment request and surrounding Perth Hills locality; and
- Further advice being obtained from relevant Government agencies regarding the current Urban zoning of the North Stoneville townsite.
- This information is to be provided to the WAPC at a future meeting.
2. Request that the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage provide advice on a
strategic review of Urban zoned land within the Perth Hills."