A crossover is the driveway component of the property access from the kerb or road edge to the front boundary of the property. 

A constructed crossover prevents a number of hazards such as erosion and washing of gravel onto the road, and potential silting and blocking of open drain or piped drainage networks.

Although a crossover is located within the road reserve (verge), it is the responsibility of the property owner to construct and/or maintain that area.

Constructing or modifying a crossover

Property owners are required to submit a Crossover Application Form prior to commencing the construction of the crossover to ensure the Shire's information and specifications are supplied.

Approval must be obtained before a crossover is built or modified and the Shire has the authority to order the removal of any unauthorised crossovers.

Property owners will need to select a contractor to construct their crossover in accordance with the Shire's specifications in concrete, asphalt or brick paving (a suggested contractor list can be supplied). 

The Shire will contribute funds towards the construction of a standard crossover for property owners when the above process is followed for the first crossover only to a property.

A constructed crossover prevents erosion and possible hazards for motorists of gravel washing onto the road and blocking the drainage system.

Crossover Application Form (PDF)

Please note there is a crossover application fee payable at the time of lodgement of your application.  Refer to Fees and Charges.

More information and contact

For more information contact Infrastructure Services on 9290 6716 or email