Running a Community Event

COVID-19 Coronavirus: Event Requirements

Information for organisers of events involving more than 500 people and certain outdoor functions and gatherings to actively mitigate the risk of COVID-19. Visit the State Government's COVID-19 coronavirus: Events page for more details. 

Large public community events

To ensure a large public event is successful, we recommend you start organising it at least 8-12 months ahead of your proposed event date.

Please complete and submit the questionnaire below to the Shire, at least 6 months prior to your event start date.

Community Event Questionnaire (PDF)

The questionnaire informs the Shire of your intent to run an event and allows the us to check dates, times and availability of Shire property, if required.

Based on your responses to the questionnaire, you will be provided with the relevant information to guide you in applying for and obtaining the appropriate approvals required to host a safe, enjoyable and successful event.

Failure to gain the appropriate approvals may be detrimental to your event's success, potentially resulting in contravention of laws, risk to the safety of the public and event personnel and participants, litigation, the cancellation of the event and the possible decline of approvals for future events.

The Shire’s events guide provides a step-by-step guide for staging an event within the Shire of Mundaring. This enables the necessary approval information for the event to be given and to assist you, the event organiser produce a successful event.

An event access checklist is also provided, to help you with considering disability access.

Guide for Running Community Events (PDF)

Event Access Checklist (PDF)

Private events

Please do not use the Events Questionnaire for weddings, receptions, birthday parties or similar events.

Contact the Booking Officer on 9290 6731 for further information on these activities or email

More information and contact

For more information, please contact the Booking Officer on 9290 6731 or email