In most cases, noise produced from aircraft, trains and road traffic is not subject to the Regulations. Despite situations such as loud motorbike exhausts, V8 engines or use of air brakes being noisy there is little the Shire can do unless it is taking place on residentially zoned land.

Problems from individual noisy vehicles on public roads which have been modified or not properly maintained may be reported to the Police.

All aircraft noise enquiries and complaints should be directed to the Aircraft Noise Enquiry Line (Airservices Australia) on 1300 302 240 for all local, domestic and international flights (including helicopters).

Noise relating to traffic along major roads should be directed to Main Roads Western Australia on 138 138.

See also: